Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Food Hunting in Singapore

Food Hunting in Singapore
Hello2... when was my last update? a month ago? so sorry... its been a long month, last march, after my green tea cake, few days after that, I went for a long trips with my boyfriend a.k.a future husband. We went to Singapore and Melbourne,Australia, for our pre-wed photoshoot.
Its long and tiring days, but the rest, Awesome, coz, we had some Food Hunting, out great pleasure. hahahaha...
So here, I wun write down about my prewed photo story, but I'll write down more about what foods we've been tried along our trips.
Yummy and interesting...
So this're some food we've tried for past 3 days in Singapore, while we're walking around and spending time photo taking, but get times to eat too. The Melbourne part, will be continued.

Roti Pratha
Di Indonesia juga ada sih, tp kynya rasanya beda ya. Just different.As always, must eat the pratha with mutton curry, it tastes awesome. I can't eat mutton actually, but I only try the curry sauce only. About the taste, dun ask, the whole plate we finished it by ourselves.

In Singapore, there're many places sell OYSTER OMELETTE, I tried to buy in Jakarta before, but it doesn't taste as nice as in Singapore, everytime we visit Singapore, we always find a chance to bought this delicious omelette. Actually it is very simple food, but its taste unbelievable. Oyster yg dibuat dengan tepung kanji dan telur kocok, di buat omelette trus disajikan dengan sambal. Wuih, ngiler lagi nih. hihihihi..


Mee Pok ( Chinese Noodle with Pork) (NON-Halal)
Yg satu ini, hmm. awfully yummy, especially served with soup. Soupnya isinya banyak, dikasi bakso2an, jamur dan rumput laut. Noodlenya juga di bumbuin dengan saus2 dan kecap,jamur dan cincangan daging babi (sorry yah non-Halal). Yummy. Buat org ngantri deh.


Nasi Briyani with Chicken.
This time around I visit Singapore, I'm more into Indian food. After Pratha, I'm hunting this rice. Dulu, waktu masi sekolah di Singapore, masih secondary school nih, di kantin sekolah ada yg jualan nasi briyani, and I like to eat there, uda murah meriah, banyak lagi. Duh jadi mengenang ini. Nasi Briyani can be served with
beef or chicken curry. But this time, I bought with chicken. Rasanya beda aja sama curry Indonesia, curry mereka lebih merah, dan bau rempah2nya (Herbs) kecium bgt, and the rice too. I luv briyani rice, it cooks with plenty of herbs, it's dry, because the texture of basmati rice (yg biasanya dipakai org2 India), it's long and need more water, make it different with our rice. Nasi Briyani with chicken, it served with acar too.

Char Kway Teow (Non-Halal)
Kalo di indonesia, mgk kwetiau goreng bisa di buat Halal yah, tapi kalo di Singapore, I doubt, kayanya mrk masaknya pakai minya babi deh, trus ingredients di dalamnya juga mrk memakai sosis babi. Yang membuat saya jatuh hati dengan makanan satu ini ada lah, cockles (kerang dara), wuiih itu favorite ku dr dulu, Setiap beli char kway teow, always ask for extra cockles. Yummy.


Chicken and Beef Satay
Satay disini beda sama dengan sataynya Indonesia, juga saus kacangnya, totally different, saus kacangnya tanpa kecap manis, dan lebih kental. Personally I prefer Indo satay better ^_^

Singapore Laksa
Singapore Laksa ada 2 macam, served with chicken or served with seafood. Again I luv this because there're cockles (kerang dara) inside. Enak deh pokoknya, saus santannya, bikin ngiler deh, plus pakai cabai potong, enaaaak. Duh pengen balik Singapore lagi, hehehehe...

Actually there're plenty more, but that's all for today. Next section, my food hunting in Melbourne, more into western food eh ngga juga sih. We'll see. See you again.

0 comments:

 

mila's kitchen Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template